- Danielle Woerner, Co-Founder and Artistic Director of the Sunrise County Arts Institute, is an internationally renowned singer and recording artist; a dedicated voice teacher whose students range from successful professionals to happily active amateurs; a songwriter; and a nationally published/awarded journalist and poet.
- Danielle's on the voice faculty of the Ellsworth Community Music Institute (ECMI), in addition to SCAI's studio in Milbridge
- She also gives private lessons to MDI High School
students, and adults in the region [currently online]...
- ... and [pre-Covid] directed a cooperative children's chorus venture with the ECMI Youth Chorale and the Bagaduce Chorale
- SCAI is completing a project, "Sunrise Voices," with Healthy Acadia's Partnerships for Success, producing a virtual music-and-theater video project involving area teens and preteens in an original show. We're also providing free workshops in cooperation with this wonderful organization.
- Beginning in 2020, SCAI has greatly benefited from the training cohorts offered by the CEI Women's Business Center, and mentorship from SCORE Portland.
- Sunrise County Economic Council: a helpful resource for Washington County business development
- Downeast & Acadia Regional Tourism (DART): business and community leaders in cooperative advocacy
Friends of SCAI
We thank our charitable and local business supporters, including:
And our anonymous private donors.
Fellow Arts, Education, and Environmental Organizations In Our Area
- Gateway:Milbridge: downtown revitalization initiative integrating the physical, cultural, economic, social & natural opportunities of coastal Milbridge, ME
- Milbridge Public Library
- Women's Health Resource Library (WHRL), & its
Incredible Edible Milbridge and Milbridge Commons projects
- Milbridge Historical Society
- Mano en Mano/Hand in Hand: supporting cooperation & communication among the diverse populations in the Milbridge area
- Eagle Hill Institute: performing arts & environmental sciences, Steuben
- Henry D. Moore Library & Community Center, in Steuben, hosts educational events, concerts, more
- Cherryfield Academy Community Center hosts a variety of events at the town next door
- The Schooner Gallery in Milbridge: Contemporary fine art & crafts, local foods, & tourist information
- Schoodic Arts for All, Winter Harbor in neighboring Hancock County
- The EdGE youth development program of the Maine Seacoast Mission, based at the Mission's Cherryfield campus & serving the wider area.
- Eastport Arts Center & its affiliated art, music & theater organizations
- Cobscook Community Learning Center, Trescott, ME
- DaPonte String Quartet: Based in mid-coast Maine, its recent Downeast tour, including a residency with SCAI, made many friends here
- Downeast Fisheries Trail
- Schoodic International Sculpture Symposium: Sculpture Trail map link
- Bold Coast Scenic Byway
- Maine Bicycle Coalition & its annual BikeMaine tour, which came to Milbridge in 2016!
- What fun! Downeast Rapid Transit is an imaginative public art project creating a fanciful "subway system" to navigate our coastal area. In 2016 our Center on Fish Point become one of the stops on the virtual DRT.
This list is growing... check back again! And please share your suggestions and introductions.